Monday 22 December 2014





Thought I would share this mornings coffee search - every morning after dealing with dogs and kids I sit and look for inspiration. There are some AMAZINGLY creative folks out there. I am constantly in awe of what people come up with.

Where do you get YOUR inspiration?  Please share!

Check out this amazing creation- old pipe turned into strange beauty

So awesomely creative! via



Cracked Marbles....into wearable art

Cut out and Keeps site - excellent tutorial on turning marbles into jewelry!  I gotta try it, going to raid kids toy box!   Marbles, Glue and findings.   All credit to Ivy M on the Cut out and Keep site!  (I couldn't get the link to work so here are the details.

  1. 1   Bake marbles in the oven for 20 minutes at 400〫F.
    (I found changing the temperature has little affect.)
    I baked the marbles in foil on a cookie sheet.
  2. How to make a pendant. "Cracked" Marble Necklace Pendants  - Step 22
    Immediately after removing the marbles from the oven, put them in ice water (be careful, the marbles are extremely hot). This will cause the marbles to crack! Also be careful of some weak marbles that may break entirely.
  3. 3
    Put the metal bead and bead cap on the earring hook (you may also use the small looped jewelry wire things.. I wasn't sure what they were called). Bend the hook to somewhat hold the bead cap on the bottom and cut the excess wire.
    1. 4
      Next you can either use jewelry glue to attach the marble to the little top you have just made, or use hot glue. I tried both, and the hot glue tends to fall off occasionally.
    2. 5
      Now just add a cute chain and you're finished!

1 comment: